A Study in Multimedia Design Applied to Film Editing to Construct a Multiple Plots Movie
- Wu-Hsiung ChenAffiliated withDepartment of Image Communication Design, University of De Montfort University
Narrative has lead filmmaking since the first film was made until now. Digital technologies have become increasingly involved in filmmaking but without changing the single plot storytelling model of a filmmaking. The study proposed an intercut design using Multimedia technology to film editing providing multiple and variety plots in one film. The audiences can experience different plot to the film in every watch. The design concept and process are provided. Future development and recommendation are listed for widen the research area.
KeywordsNarrative Film Editing Plot Multimedia Design
- A Study in Multimedia Design Applied to Film Editing to Construct a Multiple Plots Movie
- Open Access
- Available under Open Access This content is freely available online to anyone, anywhere at any time.
GSTF Journal on Computing (JoC)
- Online Date
- August 2013
- Online ISSN
- Global Science and Technology Forum
- Additional Links
- Film Editing
- Multimedia Design
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Department of Image Communication Design, University of De Montfort University, U.K., U.K.