Image Enlargement Based on Proportional Salient Feature
- I Komang SomawirataAffiliated withKumamoto University, Japan, Computer Science and Electrical Engineering, Graduate School of Science and Technology Email author
- , Keiichi UchimuraAffiliated withKumamoto University, Japan, Computer Science and Electrical Engineering, Graduate School of Science and Technology
- , Gou KoutakiAffiliated withKumamoto University
This paper proposes an image enlargement method that produces proportional salient content of image magnification. To obtain the proportional salient image content: first, we enlarge the source image to the high size of the target image using uniform enlarging. Second, we slice the image into sections from top to bottom following the minimum energy and detect the salient feature of the image. Third, we enlarge the slice of the image region that does not containthe salient feature of the image to the full size of the target image. The proposed method has been tested in several images, such as akiyo, butterfly, cameraman, canoe, dolphin, and parrot. The experimental results show that the proposed method results in a proportional content for image enlargement in the different ratios compared with the comparison method.
Index Termsimage enlargement energy slice window
- Image Enlargement Based on Proportional Salient Feature
- Open Access
- Available under Open Access This content is freely available online to anyone, anywhere at any time.
GSTF Journal on Computing (JoC)
- Online Date
- February 2014
- Online ISSN
- Global Science and Technology Forum
- Additional Links
- image enlargement