Hybrid Method for Adaptive Cloud Gaming Contents
- Ritthichai JitpukdeebodintraAffiliated withPrince of Songkhla University
- , Suntorn WitosurapotAffiliated withPrince of Songkhla University
Methods for adapting cloud gaming content can be divided according to client- or server-returned benefits. In this paper, we argue that the better method should be performed in such a way that both client and server should share common benefits. By working on a cooperative scheme, the basic of trans- rendering and trans-scaling mechanism are proposed to work together for obtaining better utilizations of network bandwidth and graphic processor altogether. Based on our experiments of running cloud gaming services in simulated environment, we show many evidences that significantly improved benefits can be obtained as planned. Our proposed hybrid adaptation method is therefore clearly helpful for the game research community.
KeywordsComponent Cloud gaming Content adaptation Trans-rendering Trans-scaling
- Hybrid Method for Adaptive Cloud Gaming Contents
- Open Access
- Available under Open Access This content is freely available online to anyone, anywhere at any time.
GSTF Journal on Computing (JoC)
- Online Date
- August 2015
- Online ISSN
- Global Science and Technology Forum
- Additional Links
- Cloud gaming
- Content adaptation