Ukraine's Potential Accession to the WTO Government Procurement Agreement: What are the Pros and Cons?
- Vesta MalolitnevaAffiliated withInstitute of Economics and Legal Research, National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine
The present paper is dedicated to the problem of accession to the WTO Agreement on Government procurement (GPA) for Ukraine as well as for other acceding countries and the existing Parties of this Agreement. In the light of the recent decision of Ukraine to join GPA, the paper gives an appraisal of its opportunities concerning the accession to the Agreement and puts forward the critical assessment of such decision. Special attention is given to current Ukrainian legislation on government procurement and the main obstacles to Ukraine’s accession to the GPA. The article presents an in-depth analysis of problems and threats in the WTO public procurement system which may affect the functioning of thepublic procurement market of Ukraine as well as other acceding countries, especially domestic manufactures, and may cause the imbalances in the world trading system. Furthermore, the present article provides the latest statistics, provisional estimates, and framework for WTO Members considering accession.
KeywordsGovernment procurement WTO SWOT analysis Suppliers Preferential policy
- Ukraine's Potential Accession to the WTO Government Procurement Agreement: What are the Pros and Cons?
- Open Access
- Available under Open Access This content is freely available online to anyone, anywhere at any time.
GSTF Journal of Law and Social Sciences (JLSS)
- Online Date
- July 2015
- Online ISSN
- Global Science and Technology Forum
- Additional Links
- Government procurement
- SWOT analysis
- Preferential policy
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Institute of Economics and Legal Research, National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, Ukraine, Europe