‘Gender-Neutrality’ Against ‘Gender Equality:’ Evading the Anti-feminist Backlash
- Abu Saleh Md. RafiAffiliated withDepartment of English, Daffodil International University
This research primarily investigates the complexities of gender-biased policy in education discourse in the name of promoting ‘gender-equality’ which envisions to empowering women. This study also vigilances the inevitable antifeminist backlash resulted from the implementation of these policies in the socio-economical context of any developing country. Further, it traces out the patterns of transformations required exploring two other policy areas; media discourse and social work. Undertaking extensive theoretical research and empirical evidences, this study contributes a new conceptual framework to the established discourse of gender and policy by redressing the so called ‘equality concept’ of feminism.
Keywords-Gender and education Gender-neutrality Gender-equality Backlash Geminism Masculinity
- ‘Gender-Neutrality’ Against ‘Gender Equality:’ Evading the Anti-feminist Backlash
- Open Access
- Available under Open Access This content is freely available online to anyone, anywhere at any time.
GSTF Journal on Education (JEd)
- Online Date
- December 2015
- Online ISSN
- Global Science and Technology Forum
- Additional Links
- Gender and education
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Department of English, Daffodil International University, Dhaka, Bangladesh