The Role of Syllable Representation in Korean Script
- Hee-Jo YouAffiliated withKorea University
- , Kichun NamAffiliated withUniversity of TexasDepartment of Psychology, Korea University
to understand the syllable representation in Korean script ‘Hangul’, modeling study was conducted. Two types of models were constructed by the existence of syllable representation. These models were trained and tested through the same stimulus list. As the result, whereas the model, which did not have the syllable layer, can only simulate the word frequency effect, the model, which had the syllable layer, can simulate the both of word frequency and syllable frequency effects. This result proposed the syllable representation contributed the stabilization of representation.
Keywordsmodeling connectionist syllable letter semantic lexical decision task Hangul
- The Role of Syllable Representation in Korean Script
- Open Access
- Available under Open Access This content is freely available online to anyone, anywhere at any time.
GSTF Journal of Psychology (JPsych)
- Online Date
- November 2015
- Online ISSN
- Global Science and Technology Forum
- Additional Links
- lexical decision task