Indications of Short Periodicity in the FeXIV 503.3nm Emission Line at the 2008 Solar Eclipse
- Donald H. LiebenbergAffiliated withDepartment of Physics and Astronomy, Clemson University Email author
Observations at the 1 August 2008 total solar eclipse in western China were obtained through a narrow band interference filter centered on the 530.3 nm FeXIV emission line at a cadence of 30 frames/second. A simplified analysis indicates that in a position near the base of a coronal streamer a short period intensity periodicity is found. The analysis and results are presented.
Index TermsAstrophysics Signal sampling Sun
- Indications of Short Periodicity in the FeXIV 503.3nm Emission Line at the 2008 Solar Eclipse
- Open Access
- Available under Open Access This content is freely available online to anyone, anywhere at any time.
GSTF Journal of Physics and Applications (JPA)
- Online Date
- June 2014
- Online ISSN
- Global Science and Technology Forum
- Additional Links
- Signal sampling
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Department of Physics and Astronomy, Clemson University, 29634, Clemson, United States, SC